Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 1

At midnight, I began an excursion. I will not date a woman until May 25th, 2008. I will not think of them in that manner, I will shut off myself from them in that way.

Madness. That's what it's supposed to be. But, really, it's an exploration into my interactions with women, others' interactions with each other, and the downright perversion of my thoughts as well as everyone elses. I really want to appreciate women, and I've been so hell bent on finding a girlfriend that I've never been able to step back and just appreciate them. Well, I'm stepping back and being just a friend for a year. Seriously? This shouldn't be that hard, I haven't been on a date in over a year anyway. The only difference will be that I won't have to worry about whether or not she's going to call me back.

Swear to God I'm going to do this. It's something my Youth Pastor in High School recommended to me, to take a year and be removed from dating, but I was so in love with a girl at the time, I couldn't say yes. Well, now I'm over that one and on and so I will do this at the right state of my life when everyone else seems to be zoned in on making it with a hoodrat for a night and a morning.

As timed, and if I'm lucky, this would take me into the end of my first Semester at Humboldt, if I get accepted for the Spring term. This could get interesting, and I'll keep this as a constant, letting you know of my observations and my struggles (because I know there's going to be many).

No comments: