Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Pocket Map to Heaven

I had a revelation in Vietnam last night.

While I was watching Apocalypse Now (easily one of my new favorite films), I realized that I really do want to try out the film minor. So my RS major will be on a hiatus for a semester while I see what I like or don't like about it.

And if I realize that I miss the religious studies program, then I can always go back. It's just an experiment. And I'll be taking on more Journalism classes so that I can even things out if I choose to go back to the RS major.

It's been something I've mulled over for a little while. I talked to my mom about it. And it finally hit me that it's something I want to try. I want to see what it's like to be introduced to how to create a movie. I want to know what to do and all that jazz.

It just seems rather strange to me that I come up here for the Religion program and I immediately abandon it. It almost seems wrong. But not to my soul at the moment. I want to find out, I want to know, I want to be certain that Religious Studies is what I want. And maybe it's not. Maybe this filmmaking class is something I really enjoy.

Life is well. I found a room mate and I will be moving off campus next semester. Wahoo! Things are looking up and my previous depression was a direct result of me wanting everything in a now-fashion--the fashion of my generation. But patience is key in life and baseball, so that's what's happened. Patience. Peace. Serenity.

No comments: