Sunday, June 26, 2005

Part III: Six Flags over Texas

Probably the best park on the trip... Here's the Trip Report, pictures below.

So after driving the 287 miles from San Antonio to Arlington we went to SFoT last night. Our first impression of the park was that it was older that SFFT (duh) and more wooded. I got my first ride on Titan and, yea, that second helix makes it a brand new ride...made the ride longer, too.

After that I went over and rode TX Giant which is a great coaster. It could be better but, since I haven't ridden an excellent woodie in a long time, this one was great. Good pops of airtime and a great finale.

Batman: The Ride was Batman: The Ride with different surroundings.

Mr. Freeze was straight up bitchin' except the station was hotter than hell even though it was themed to an ice cream factory. What the f? I liked the launch and the ride itself, short and sweet but loads of fun.

Judge Roy Scream was all right, but, I'll get to that one later.

After those few rides we left the park and proceeded to go to dinner at a local place called Whataburger (mmm mmm b***h), and to bed.

The next morning I woke up at 540 feeling like total crap. I went to the bathroom and took some Ibuprofen. My dad woke up so we went and got continental breakfast, then went back to bed.

We woke up at 930 and caught The Trolley to the park. Holy. s**t. it was hot (101 degrees with about 60% humidity). My dad and I struggled through a few rides not worth mentioning and then went back to the hotel for a nap.

Woke up at 430, went to The Waffle House for Lunch/Dinner and then went back to the park.

I got on Shockwave, their Schwarzkopf looper, and loved it. Good forces and a few good pops of airtime.

La Vibora is...well...strange... Definitely not "Cool Runnings" but it is a strange coaster. I caught some of the strangest airtime ever on this ride. Overall, it was good, but the parts where we caught the brakes were jarring and rough.

I rode their S&S double shot but it was kinda crappy compared to Scream at SFFT. Superman: Tower of Power was the only ride to have a single rider line, though.

Flashback was a boomerang, blech.

Now, I gave Judge Roy Scream another shot in the front row and it was better... I tried the back and caught some airtime, but it needed to be smoothed out at the bottom of some of the drops. It was ok...

Runaway Mine Train was something that merely wet my whistle and caused a lust for Space Mountain to come back. It was interesting and was nice to have it in the dark.

Overall, the park was nice and clean but I think I liked SFFT better. Though it only had two good coasters, there were more places to sit and cool off from the Texas heat from Hell.

PICTURES!!!

The entrance to the park like whoa-ohoh. Yea, just kidding. The entrance was actually very nice.


This park had some rather cool roller coasters... That's Mr. Freeze, their Premier LIM launcher and on the right is their Batman: The Ride. Rather standard but a great ride nonetheless.


That over there is Titan. You may think, "Hey! That looks exactly like Goliath at Magic Mountain! Yea! Well, it is, except for their's a second knockout helix before the midcourse brakes.


That's the first helix that is NOT on Goliath at Magic Mountain. And YES, it makes it a better ride.


Mistah Freeze.


They had a nice choo-choo as well.


The Texas Giant: the second best woodie on this trip.


This'll probably be the last of these updates because I'm moving all the pictures over to a Yahoo photo Album thing. So, expect a link to that later. Aight?

No comments: