Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chased Mind--A Life Unknown.

I

Ugly and vile
and insignificant.
The simple minded
Cup of ugar
let flow
40,000 granules
of lackluster hope.

Some wish they could fly.
Some long to push people,
push air,
push paper.

I, however, long for empire--
a longing esoteric and
arcahaic.
But,
really,
is it?

Suppose all this is real,
it still isn't it.
Dance and sing
and live
for breath is fleeting--
for life
is fleeting.

I've stuck to my guns,
tasted life,
but,
O how there's so much more...

II

O Lord, let the blood flow for redemption because the time is nigh.
So you can say anything but it cannot stop the empire within for I will merely scream,
"If not for the father than what?"
I've fought, I've fled, I've known life and it has known me.

III

Though my ancestry
hasn't risen from the grave of opression or
of confederate racism, I know what family is.

Though I cannot see,
for I am blind,
I have felt the hand of the Risen Lord and known the might of his blood.

With my father,
I am alone but not lonely,
a protected commissioner.
With my Lord,
I am purely untouchable.

But the Emperor still wears no clothes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was epic! majestic!