Friday, October 27, 2006

That light is God.

She was caught up in the Christ of my past. And why would I want to regress?

--
Jeremy Enigk and Aaron Weiss, together, on O Porcupine, is bliss. When Enigk goes all crazy screaming and Weiss calmly states, "I never gathered figs from a thorny branch, I never picked a grapefruit from the bramble bush and for the past five, almost six years now, you know you haven't once looked at me with kindness in your eyes. And you say Judas is a brother of mine? But sister in our darkness a light shines! And all i ever want to say for the rest of my life is how that light is God, and though I've been mistan on this or that point, that light is nevertheless God."

It's like a euphoria that comes near the end of a steam train of an album, as weak as it is. Brother Sister is definitely not as good or as engaging or as rocking as Catch for us the Foxes, but it does get the point across: mewithoutYou is happy. I dunno, though, having only one, maybe two songs, that equate to the slam-dance-fest of Foxes is a little disappointing. And the guitar part repetition gets annoying. It's a weak album, as if they're creating a facsimile or copy or something of a mewithoutYou album, like they're just getting their feet wet, like this is only the prelude to their next album that will be full blown ape-shit insane.

But having Enigk and Weiss on one track makes all the bunk. Because they're my favorites. And they're together.

--

Evangelism ain't my thang. Discipleship and connection is.

No comments: