Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 23 - Misc.

Does the greatness and the smallness of life ever get to you? For example, when I was in High School, I was in band. It was my world. And now... it's a sidenote to the great, sad, black hole four years. I never thought that I could regret High School any more, but it has occurred to me that I wasted so much on something so little... But, then again, at this computer, in this room, on this planet, how small are these keys, how small are these words compared to all of God's creation? We can't get caught up in the small and minute. There's a bigger picture. And it's depressing, that's for sure, but it's also good to have perspective and to lack meaning sometimes. To have your baseball games you watch for the purity of nothingness. Existence is based on existing. Can't you see the light out beyond the west?

There is no purpose--

Just existence. Just us. Just God. Just love. Just metaphysics. Just ethics. Just arguments. Just relationships. Just loneliness. Just oneness. Just spirituality. Just plurality. Just community. Just divinity. Just theology. Just psychology. Just theosophy. Just masochism. Just cities. Just people. Just humans. Just animals. Just roads. Just cars. Just smog. Just Los Angeles. Just you. Just me. Just God. "By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, 'It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.' Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death."

And what more shall I say?

No comments: