Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saw them shake like Wind on Rushes.

It began in the car, was interrupted by four phone calls, an almost-alarm, a call-on, and a call-off. It last almost six hours.

It wasn't a nap. It was a supernap.

And I am now aflurry with restlessness because I got a usual night's sleep between 2 and 8 PM.

Restless and suddenly I'm ensconced in two seperate conversations while writing on a machine--all three (four if you include listening to Belle and Sebastian) activities I couldn't be doing at this moment 20 years ago--hell, 10 years ago. Welcome to the 00's.

--

It's strange I don't question my faith, become agnostic, or completely drive away from the church because I seem to always have some sort of problem with it. Be it chauvinism, not full-fledged Calvinism (always forgetting about predestination), or anything else. However, I suppose that these problems are not inherent problems with my faith, which is fully Calvinist and relatively open to new-osity, but rather problems with the church, which I am fully critical of and knowledgable of their faux infallibility.

The underlying premise of my theosophy is John 4:8, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." and Phillipians 3:10-12, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." I have a purpose and I press on so as to takehold of it. Whatever it is.

You are the sovereign.

No comments: